Visa new guidelines roll out April 18th 2020 with the goal of enhanced transaction disclosures, reduced chargebacks, and empowered customers' shopping experiences for subscription-based merchants. to support this, we have made a few updates to ensure you are staying compliant:
- New T&C’s check-box on Chargify supplied sign-up pages
- New email notification settings and the ability to provide direct cancellation links
- New fully detailed transaction receipts available
- Additional statement descriptions for trials and introductory promotion related subscriptions
- Additional cancellation links
Please note: These updates are dependent on the gateways making updates as well, and will therefore be rolled out per gateway. Our current list of completed gateways is below. The rest of our gateway integration updates are in progress. As we work with our gateway partners to finalize their specific updates, this list will be updated within our product documentation.
For more information on staying compliant with Vias’s new policy, see our blog post