In 2020, we launched Events-Based Billing, an out-of-the-box rating engine that makes it easy to offer multi-attribute pricing like the industry titans (Think: AWS, Twilio, Datadog). Now, we’re excited to announce API enhancements that simplify product catalog management for Events-Based Billing models!
The API updates enable you to programmatically:
- Create Events-Based components and price points
- Assign a billable metric to a component (e.g. sum of emails sent)
- Build your rating table with hundreds of rows using bulk segments (e.g. Data transferred from U.S. East to EU (London) using AWS is $30/GB)
- Fetch hundreds of segments, filter results by up to 4 attribute values, and apply bulk edits for a given price point.
- Delete a specified segment that is no longer needed or was created in error
This new capability enables you to quickly and easily implement multi-attribute, pay-as-you-go pricing models like the example below, resulting in lower customer acquisition costs and higher net dollar retention.
Cloud Data Storage - GB of Data Transferred
For more information on Events-Based Billing, head to our documentation here >